Washington, DC Child Support Enforcement and Collection
In the District of Columbia The Child Support Services Division (CSSD) is part of the Office of the Attorney General
When the relationship between a child's parents ends, it does not mean that either parent's responsibility for that child ends. Both parents remain financially and legally obligated to a child no matter whether the parents remain together or not.
The Child Support Services Division (CSSD) is the district agency that helps the person caring for a child to collect child support from the child's non-custodial parent. The CSSD also helps those who are divorced to collect spousal support.
- Determining a child's birth parents and establishing parentage
- Establishing support order
- Establishing medical support
- Locating a child's parent for the purpose of establishing parentage and child support
- Enforcing child support payments and medical support established by court order
- Collecting child and spousal support payments
- Reviewing child support orders and the parents' financial situation to determine whether an increase or decrease is needed
Child Support Services Division
Washington DC Child Support Enforcement
441 4th Street, NW, Suite 550N
Washington, DC 20001 (202) 442-9900
Visit our online Washington DC Child Support Calculator
This information has been compiled directly from the most recently available child support enforcement information. Every effort has been made to assure that this information is correct and complete. Be aware that laws frequently change. Do not take any action based on this information without first consulting an attorney to be certain that the laws pertaining to your particular situation have not changed.
The language used in most cases on this page is legal terminology taken directly from the statutes and laws of each state. The terminology is not always easy to understand. If you are not sure of something you should consult an attorney so that you can fully understand the meaning of the laws.
THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
Do not take any actions based upon the information contained within this web site without first consulting an attorney or an appropriate professional depending upon the content of the information.